Dec. 18: We are now closed for the 2021 season. Many thanks to our wonderful customers! See you in 2022!
Regular hours are: Saturdays and Sundays from 9-4:30, and Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 - 4:30, and Mondays 1:00 - 4:30, or until we sell out.
* Please understand we are unable to answer phone calls while busy helping customers at the farm. If you can't find answers to your questions here, please leave a voicemail and we will return pertinent calls as time allows.
* We will be following CDC guidelines to help keep everyone safe.
* Masks are required inside the buildings and we ask you to practice social distancing. We have spaced our tree stands further apart to help with this.
* Please bring your pricing ribbon to the cashier and they will give you a "Checkout" ribbon to tie on your tree, showing our staff you have paid.
* Our trees are not priced by the foot, nor by species, but rather by a grading system. They start at $30 and go up.
* Follow us on Facebook or Instagram for current updates and stop at our Information Tent to get your questions answered. Please avoid coming inside other than to pay. Restroom access will be through the breezeway only.
*Our insurance policy stipulates that we can't allow dogs on the grounds. Please leave your furry friends in your car and we will send them a treat when you check out.
*We have chosen not to use sprays that may harm our abundant wildlife and watershed, so while you will notice our field is more "weedy", we feel good about our decision!
U-Cut vs Pre-Cut
*To compensate for the shortage of average “room-size” U-Cuts, we will have hundreds of freshly-cut trees this year and we will remain open while these Pre-Cuts last.
*Why is this? In the last few years several local tree farms have closed their doors, resulting in a vast and unexpected customer increase for us. This has left our U-Cut field rather depleted, as most of our trees require a 10-year growth cycle from planting to harvest.
We cut and restock fresh trees from a nearby field most mornings. The trees are semi-dormant now, so they stay plenty fresh in the cold outside air while waiting to be chosen.
If you require assistance, look for a Merrywood family / staff member in a red coat.
On weekends (after Thanksgiving) we offer complimentary pony rides for our customers' children (under 100 lbs). Parents must lift their child on to the saddle and wear a mask to protect the handler. Our pony, Toby is elderly and works very hard, therefore we are unable to offer rides to the general public.
We hope your annual stop at Merrywood Farm will be one of your family's most treasured Christmas traditions! We are open for business the day after Thanksgiving, and then daily while supplies last. Weekday hours are 10 am to 4:30 pm, except Mondays, when we are open 1:00-4:30. Weekend hours are 9:00-4:30. Complimentary hot cider and a warm fire await your arrival. We look forward to seeing you!
~Thank you from the Keyser Family~