December 12, 2020 UPDATE: We are closed for the season. Thanks for a great year. Merry Christmas to all!
* We are open Saturday and Sunday 9:00 - 4:30. Tuesday through Friday 10:00 - 4:30, and Mondays 12:00 - 4:30.
* Please understand we are unable to answer phone calls when busy helping customers at the farm. If you can't find answers to your questions here, please leave a voicemail and we will return pertinent calls as time allows.
* We will be following CDC guidelines to help keep everyone safe.
* Because of this, we regret that we are unable to offer pony rides and hot cider this year.
* Masks are required and we ask you to practice social distancing. We have spaced our tree stands further apart to help with this.
* Only one person per party may come inside to pay. We will have separate areas for different payment types.
* Please bring your pricing ribbon to the cashier and they will give you a "Checkout" ribbon to tie on your tree, showing our staff you have paid.
* Our trees are not priced by the foot, nor by species, but rather by a grading system. They start at $30 and go up.
* Follow us on Facebook or Instagram for current updates and stop at our Information Tent to get your questions answered. Please avoid coming inside other than to pay. Restroom access will be through the breezeway only.
*Our insurance policy stipulates that we can't allow dogs on the grounds. Please leave your furry friends in your car and we will send them a treat when you check out.
*We have chosen not to use sprays that may harm our abundant wildlife and watershed, so while you will notice our field is more "weedy", we feel good about our decision!
U-Cut vs Pre-Cut
*To compensate for the shortage of average “room-size” U-Cuts, we will have hundreds of freshly-cut trees this year and we will remain open while these Pre-Cuts last.
*Why is this? In the last few years several local tree farms have closed their doors, resulting in a vast and unexpected customer increase for us. This has left our U-Cut field rather depleted, as most of our trees require a 10-year growth cycle from planting to harvest.
We cut and restock fresh trees from a nearby field most mornings. The trees are semi-dormant now, so they stay plenty fresh in the cold outside air while waiting to be chosen.
If you require assistance, look for a Merrywood family / staff member in a red coat.
On weekends during the tree season, we offer complimentary pony rides for our customers' children (under 100 lbs). Our two ponies, Toby and Katie, are elderly and work very hard, therefore we are unable to offer rides to the general public.
We hope your annual stop at Merrywood Farm will be one of your family's most treasured Christmas traditions! We are open for business the day after Thanksgiving, and then Tuesday through Sunday while supplies last. Weekday hours are 10 am to 4:30 pm. Weekend hours are 9:00-4:30. Complimentary hot cider and a warm fire await your arrival. We look forward to seeing you!
~Thank you from the Keyser Family~